my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Puzzle World Forums   » General Discussions   » Please identify this puzzle

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please identify this puzzle
Bill Shubert
Member # 2030

posted January 04, 2014 12:26 PM     Profile for Bill Shubert   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Shubert     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope this is the right place to post...

I got this puzzle as a gift about 15 years ago. Never solved it. I like mechanical puzzles, but I generally prefer the more elegant ones with fewer moving parts. I was going to toss it out, but decided to try to cheat and find the solution online first - but that's hard since I can't even figure out what the name of this puzzle is! If you can identify it, please tell me the name; if you know where I can find the solution, even better!

Robert Stegmann
Multiple
Member # 472

posted January 05, 2014 07:31 PM     Profile for Robert Stegmann   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Stegmann     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It looks like the Pentangle Ball and Chain but you've got some extra pieces...
Can you post another photo with the cords straightened out so we can see clearly what is connected to what?

Bill Shubert
Member # 2030

posted January 05, 2014 08:19 PM     Profile for Bill Shubert   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Shubert     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not sure I can straighten the cords much! There are two cords: One goes from the wooden block to the small eye at the end of the wire hoop.

The other cord goes from one ring, through the white bead, wraps around the large eye on the wire hoop, then goes through the red bead to the second ring.

The small eye of the wire hoop goes through the large eye.

There is a third ring that is tangled in with everything, the goal is to get that ring free.

Paul Henry
Member # 2178

posted November 24, 2017 12:04 AM     Profile for Paul Henry   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Henry     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think in this puzzle we need to free out the wooden block. But if you need more explanation then I need more pictures of this puzzle from different views.

Regards,
Shopify Web Designers

--------------------

https://www.clapcreative.com

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Puzzle World | Privacy Statement

1997-2006 by John Rausch

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e