my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Puzzle World Forums   » Solution Help   » Gravity Trap

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gravity Trap
Alex Nemeth
Member # 192

posted September 09, 2001 07:10 PM     Profile for Alex Nemeth   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Nemeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am trying to find a solution for a puzzle that I bought in the 70's. It was made by 'Four Generations' in Sebastopol, CA. They have since folded ant I can find NO information about this puzzle.

I is a hardwood block about 5" by 5" by 1 1/2". It is a tunnel that goes through the block. In the tunnel or tube, are two indentions that a steel marble can be somewhat trapped, one on each side. Then you drop a third steel marble in and it holds the other two in place. Simply called a Gravity Trap. It is easy to do with the aid of a pencil or somthing, but I have been unable to do it without this.

If you have seen or know a solution, please let me know.

Thanks,
Alex Nemeth anemeth@seidata.com

Roland Koch
Multiple
Member # 5

posted September 12, 2001 01:37 PM     Profile for Roland Koch   Author's Homepage   Email Roland Koch     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know the block (would be interested in seeing one though) and how it is made, but do you think there might be a way of getting the marbles in place by spinning the block?

Regards
Roland

--------------------

Roland "KNOX" Koch
www.knoxpuzzles.com
www.geduldspiele.ch

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Puzzle World | Privacy Statement

1997-2006 by John Rausch

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e