my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Puzzle World Forums   » Solution Help   » Three Ring Horseshoe Puzzle

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Three Ring Horseshoe Puzzle
Richard Hirschman
Member # 931

posted April 02, 2006 06:59 AM     Profile for Richard Hirschman   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Hirschman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a 3 ring, 3 horseshoe puzzle (it's small) made in Europe by Jean-Claude Constantin. As you probably know, the object of the puzzle is to remove all three rings from the horseshoes. I know how to solve the standard one ring, two horseshoe puzzle. However, I have been trying for days to solve the three ring, 3 horseshoe version and have not been able to do it. The puzzle came with a solution page containing a few diagrams, but the diagrams are not at all clear. Can you provide me with any help in solving this puzzle or know where I can find the solution on the web.
Thanks.
Richard

Richard Gain
Multiple
Member # 451

posted April 04, 2006 04:52 PM     Profile for Richard Gain   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Gain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Richard

I don't know this puzzle but I'd be interested to see it.
Any chance you could put a digital photo on this page. You need to have it hosted somewhere on the net and then put a link to it in your message using the [image] code. Photobucket is a good option if you need a place to upload the picture to.

Cheers
Richard

David Fodden
Multiple
Member # 921

posted April 04, 2006 05:21 PM     Profile for David Fodden   Author's Homepage   Email David Fodden     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Richard(s)

I've seen the puzzle but don't have it. I believe that it's solved in a similar way to the 2-horseshoe version.

David

Jim Strayer
Multiple
Member # 13

posted April 04, 2006 05:41 PM     Profile for Jim Strayer   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Strayer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For a picture of the puzzle (I think), see Wire 12 at:
http://www.pottypuzzles.com/acatalog/Nail_Puzzles.html

Jim

Richard Hirschman
Member # 931

posted April 06, 2006 05:39 PM     Profile for Richard Hirschman   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Hirschman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I posted a photo of the puzzle at: http://www.pbase.com/doowopper/assorted. I just discovered however that this link takes you to my main photo page for some reason and not the "assorted images subgallery." So, if the above link takes you to my main photo page, scroll down until you get to the, "Assorted images," subgallery and click on it. When you get to the page, scroll down to the last photo and click on it to enlarge that thumbnail photo. The horseshoes are about 2 inches long and a little over 1 1/2 inches wide. I tried applying the solution for the two horseshoe puzzle to it as suggested in this thread, but it didn't seem to work. So, I am still looking for help in solving this puzzle (removing all three rings). Any further help is appreciated.
Richard

[ April 06, 2006: Message edited by: Richard Hirschman ]

Richard Hirschman
Member # 931

posted April 16, 2006 04:31 AM     Profile for Richard Hirschman   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Hirschman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In this thread, there was a request to see the puzzle. I posted a photo of it, as mentioned in my previous response. It has been a over week, so I removed the photo from my photo web page.
Richard

Robert Stegmann
Multiple
Member # 472

posted May 25, 2006 10:43 PM     Profile for Robert Stegmann   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Stegmann     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Richard,
Not sure if you've already figured out the 3-ring horseshoe puzzle - that design has been offered by several manufacturers, including Triple Crown by Uncle's Puzzles, and a brass version from Bits and Pieces.
To solve it, ponder your single-ring/2-shoe version for a while: notice how when you solve it, you manipulate the ring off one side - the ring must pass over only one joint between the shoes. It really doesn't matter what's between the two shoes at the joint on the other side, does it?

Ad van der Schagt
Member # 209

posted October 24, 2006 10:08 AM     Profile for Ad van der Schagt   Author's Homepage   Email Ad van der Schagt     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Richard,
Send me your email address and I will send you the solution for the 3 horseshoes puzzle I made for Eureka 3D puzzles in Belgium.
Best regars,
Ad van der Schagt

hobbytik@home.nl

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Puzzle World | Privacy Statement

1997-2006 by John Rausch

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e