my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Puzzle World Forums   » Solution Help   » Entanglement puzzle help needed

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Entanglement puzzle help needed
James Carter
Member # 2181

posted December 18, 2017 11:12 AM     Profile for James Carter   Author's Homepage   Email James Carter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Can anyone help me get started on this puzzle (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disentanglement_puzzle#/media/File:Hlavolam_cinka.jpg)? I've been trying for a few weeks to remove the ring but just can't get my head around this one. It needn't be a full solution, just a guide to a useful technique or standard approach would be handy.

Thanks!

[ December 18, 2017: Message edited by: James Carter ]

[ December 18, 2017: Message edited by: James Carter ]

James Carter
Member # 2181

posted January 12, 2018 11:21 AM     Profile for James Carter   Author's Homepage   Email James Carter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bump, in case it got missed in the new year...
Jeff Miner
Member # 2192

posted May 29, 2018 07:34 AM     Profile for Jeff Miner   Author's Homepage   Email Jeff Miner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The loop of blue string right in front of the ring in the picture is your primary "tool"

It needs to be passed around the end of the dumbell in such a way as to free it from the piece of cord tied to that end of the dumbell.

This is only a hint and I've left out pertinent details, but hopefully this gets you started

James Carter
Member # 2181

posted August 06, 2018 04:20 PM     Profile for James Carter   Author's Homepage   Email James Carter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That was great, thanks, got me on the right path and I've managed to pick it apart

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Puzzle World | Privacy Statement

1997-2006 by John Rausch

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e