my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Puzzle World Forums   » Puzzle Collector Profiles   » Holt, Graham

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Holt, Graham
Graham Holt
Multiple
Member # 297

posted September 21, 2002 06:07 PM     Profile for Graham Holt   Author's Homepage   Email Graham Holt     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Graham Holt

Current Resident of Eugene Oregon

I have a small puzzle collection of little interest to anyone else. I do enjoy creating puzzles of wood and nuts & bolts. I also enjoy trying to figure out the workings of impossible objects so that I may challenge others to do the same.

Current projects:

Pegged Nut
Baseball in a bottle
Another nut/bolt/washer puzzle

Impossible objects that I have constructed:

Deck of cards in a bottle
Tennis Ball in a bottle
Nut/Bolt/Washer puzzle
Inflated balloon in a bottle
Water balloon in a bottle
Scissors in a bottle
Padlock in a bottle
Bolted deck of cards in a bottle

I have ideas on the workings of other impossible objects but I have yet to try them out due to lack of tool access though that will change soon, after that it will be a lack of time. I think what I like about impossible objects is the mystery about them. Information about them is hard to come by, this I'll admit got me hooked so I made a couple and that got me thinking some more and soon I'll have made a dozen or so and who knows where it will go from there.

[ October 03, 2002: Message edited by: Graham Holt ]

--------------------

Impossible objects are a blend of physics, decption, and thinking beyond the norm. They can't be but they are, much like a bear driving a car, they just can't be.

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Puzzle World | Privacy Statement

1997-2006 by John Rausch

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e