my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Puzzle World Forums   » Puzzle Collector Profiles   » Lundgren, Andreas

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lundgren, Andreas
Andreas Lundgren
Multiple
Member # 2151

posted January 29, 2017 03:06 PM     Profile for Andreas Lundgren   Author's Homepage   Email Andreas Lundgren     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi!

When I was a kid in the 70's, my grandpa had a Devils Knot that kept e occupied for hours and hours. One day when I was still very young he showed me how to solve it and I learned it by heart. Many years later I was on vacation and found a similar puzzle with a similar locking mechanism and I bought it to see if I could solve it without help.

Ever since I bought one interesting puzzle every now and then just for the fun of solving it. Many were disappointingly easy, but some once took me years to solve. (Not full time. )

Now my kids starts to show interest, and i decided to put down all the solutions to my 75 puzzles. You know, if I one day comes home finding all my puzzles in a pile disassembled on the floor... It was also about time that I thought myself a bit about building web pages. (I actually started the pages 5-6 years ago, but kids, renovation of hose etc came across and not until now, Christmas 2016, I filled it with content.) The result is here: http://www.mywoodenpuzzles.com

Also, I find computer image processing a bit interesting. I wrote the software for vignette the images on the web page (about 1350 images) SW is available at https://bitbucket.org/Andreax/puzzleprocessor It's not very high performing since I wrote it all in Java, it was more of a hobby project to write it myself. :-)

All times are Eastern Time  

Post New Topic   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Puzzle World | Privacy Statement

1997-2006 by John Rausch

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e